Waterford Valley High News
It’s that time of year again when we finalize Midterm Marks and print report cards.
Marks were finalized on Monday, Feb. 11th with Report Cards being home on Wednesday, Feb 13.
Parents can book Interviews online by going to https://secure.parentinterviews.com/waterford-valley
On Feb 14th Thursday students will be sent home after recess at 11:20am with Parent Interviews to start at 12pm.
Friday, Feb. 15th school will be closed for Teacher Professional Development. As well Monday, Feb. 18, school will be closed for midwinter break.
And it’s Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week!
The Newfoundland and Labrador English School District will be offering a 48 hour Public Exam Preparation Program (Night School) from February 19th to June 13th, 2019. Students will be able to register for evening classes, which will be held on Tuesday (Math and Science) and/or Thursday (English and Social Studies). Classes will run from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm at Gonzaga High School, Smithville Crescent, St. John’s. Depending on the level of interest, English and Social Studies classes may be held on Tuesday evening.
Electronic Registration will be open from Monday, February 11th, 9:00 am to Friday, February 15th, 4:00 pm. Participants can register by completing the registration form below and emailing to email@example.com
A few reminders…
- Exams start on Monday and end on Feb. 4th. The exam schedule is JanExamSched2019
- Exam guidelines and regulations can be found at the bottom of the exam schedule and at http://waterfordvalleyhigh.com/study-help
- During exams buses will pick students up at the regular time. In the afternoon buses will leave later at 3:30pm to accommodate students who may need extra time writing exams.
- Students are expected to study at home if they do not have an exam. However we do have two areas available in the school for study – the Cafeteria and the Learning Commons. Students are not to wander the building or loiter in the hallways.
- The Cafeteria will be OPEN during exams however there will be a reduced menu. Hours of operation will be from 10am to 1pm.
- Our Kids Eat Smart Grab and Go will be open every morning before exams with healthy snack items available.
- Grad pictures will start on Monday for Grade 12 students in Room 316. Please check posted appointment times.
- Term 2 classes start on Tuesday, Feb 5 which will be Day 6.
- OPTIS will open on Feb. 8th for parents to book interview times. However marks will not be finalized until Monday Feb. 11. A reminder to parents that marks can be viewed using the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Report cards will be issued Feb 13 with Parent Teacher Interviews 12:30 to 6:00pm on Feb. 14th.
- School will be closed Friday, Feb. 15 for teacher PD and Monday, Feb. 18th for Midwinter Break.
Check out our new web page on a new program at WVH! We will be posting updates and pictures of the culinary adventures 🙂