Waterford Valley High News
A few reminders…
- Exams start on Monday and end on Feb. 4th. The exam schedule is JanExamSched2019
- Exam guidelines and regulations can be found at the bottom of the exam schedule and at http://waterfordvalleyhigh.com/study-help
- During exams buses will pick students up at the regular time. In the afternoon buses will leave later at 3:30pm to accommodate students who may need extra time writing exams.
- Students are expected to study at home if they do not have an exam. However we do have two areas available in the school for study – the Cafeteria and the Learning Commons. Students are not to wander the building or loiter in the hallways.
- The Cafeteria will be OPEN during exams however there will be a reduced menu. Hours of operation will be from 10am to 1pm.
- Our Kids Eat Smart Grab and Go will be open every morning before exams with healthy snack items available.
- Grad pictures will start on Monday for Grade 12 students in Room 316. Please check posted appointment times.
- Term 2 classes start on Tuesday, Feb 5 which will be Day 6.
- OPTIS will open on Feb. 8th for parents to book interview times. However marks will not be finalized until Monday Feb. 11. A reminder to parents that marks can be viewed using the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Report cards will be issued Feb 13 with Parent Teacher Interviews 12:30 to 6:00pm on Feb. 14th.
- School will be closed Friday, Feb. 15 for teacher PD and Monday, Feb. 18th for Midwinter Break.
Check out our new web page on a new program at WVH! We will be posting updates and pictures of the culinary adventures 🙂
Get all the deets right here on what has been going on at WVH! The November newsletter is here 🙂 See what is going on with Sports, upcoming dates, how snow days are determined, help with tutoring, our Artists of the Month, Social Justice, Guidance, and of course a bit of teacher fun on the last page! Click below…
Report Cards are going home today, November 22. Reminder to parents to please use the link below to book your parent teacher interviews which will take place on Thursday, November 29 from 1:30-7 p.m.
What day is it?
What are you most excited for this year at WVH?
- Daily Recess/Lunch Bell (40%, 51 Votes)
- ... learning 😉 (18%, 23 Votes)
- The return of your FAV teacher (16%, 20 Votes)
- Intermurals/Sports (16%, 20 Votes)
- School Events (10%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 127