Waterford Valley High News
Students are reminded to bring their reusable water bottle to school as we will have fresh, clean water available.
Please see attached a memo on the City of St. John’s water issue.
WVH – StJs Water Issue 09042018
September 5, 2018 – Registration Day Wednesday (no classes)
Students arrive by Level:
Grade 10: 9:00 – 11:00 – Students first meet in the gym with all teachers for a brief assembly.
They will then be called by their respective teacher to go to Advisory
Room for registration. Advisory room is the course listed in P1(1)
NOTE: P1(1) Lists will be posted in the main lobby for Grade 11 & 12
- Grade 11: 11:00 – 12:00 – Students proceed directly to their P1(1) class.
- Grade 12: 1:00 to 2:00 – Students proceed directly to their P1(1) class
Level IV or Grade 13 meetings – Grade 13: 10:00 am on Thursday, Sept. 6th – Students will meet in the Learning Commons.
- First Full Day of Classes Thursday, September 6 (Day 2 on Schedule)
- Cafeteria Service will begin Thursday, September 6. Note there is a limited menu on Thursday and Friday of the first week.
- Note that there have been changes to our Bus Routes for WVH. Bus Routes can be found Bus-Routes-2018
- Supplementary Exams will be held Sept. 12 and 13th. More information can be found Supp-2018
- 4th Year Registration: 10:00am on Thursday, Sept. 6th – Students will meet in the Learning Commons. All students must have their 4th Year Application Form completely filled in and a copy of their transcript. Level 4 Application WVH 2018 4th-year-2018
- Picture Day – Tuesday, September 11th
- Curriculum Night – Thursday, September 13th @ 7pm
Check out our final newsletter for June 2018 with all the news about summer school, supplementary exams, highlights of the year and links to our amazing Year End Videos!
To all our students and families have a safe and happy summer 🙂
Congrats to WVH teacher Mr. Shawn Newhook, who has been named the Regional Recognition Award winner for the St. John’s Region for School Sports NL for 2018. This is a result of the great work that he has done for the region, not only this year but for many previous years. Mr. Newhook will receive his award at the SSNL Annual Awards Banquet in St. John’s next Friday.
The Visual Arts Department, Music Department and Drama Department will showcase the work of the students on WEDNESDAY, MAY 30.Show starts at 7pm and students must arrive by 6:15pm in concert dress (all black with a splash of red).
Admission is $5 (children free) and we will be accepting additional donations for the SKS Foundation, a project to set up a licensed childcare centre for the residents of Iris Kirby House.