Waterford Valley High News
WVH will be closed for students on Monday, September 25 for teacher Professional Development.
Curriculum Night is Thursday, September 28th at 7pm. We will have student schedules available however parents should come with a copy of their son/daughter’s schedule (take a pic with your phone!) Parents will visit each class for 10 minutes to meet the teacher and hear details about the course their child is enrolled in 🙂
The Public Exam schedule is out for November. Registration will be through email using the fill-able forms found at this link.
It should be noted that this is a supplementary exam and worth 100%. If a student scores higher on this exam the mark will replace a lower mark on their transcript.
The new Assessment, Evaluation, and Reporting Policy was approved in June 2017 by the board of the NLESD. The policy is effective September 5, 2017. The associated Administrative Regulations are a working draft for the 2017-2018 school year.
Waterford Valley High has chosen to do a partial implementation of the the Administrative Regulations and for the coming school year. The document below is a draft of how teachers at WVH will deal with late or missing assessments.
Waterford Valley High’s office is open as of August 28th from 8am – 4pm so we can get everything ready for our new school year.
- Admin Day – September 5th, Tuesday for Teachers only
- Registration Day Wednesday, September 6
- First Full Day of Classes Thursday, September 7 (Day 2 on Schedule)
- Cafeteria Service will begin Thursday, September 7
- Bus Routes can be found http://www.wvhs.k12.nf.ca/pdfs/Sept-2017-Bus-Routes.pdf Regular bus runs will start on Thursday, Sept. 7th.
- Supplementary Exams will be held Sept. 13 and 14th. More information can be found here
- Level 4 Registration: Persons interested in applying as a fourth year student at Waterford Valley High MUST meet with Ms. Anne Murphy the week of August 28 – September 1/17 between 10am-2pm. The deadline for completed applications will be Friday, September 8/17. To download a copy of the Level IV application click here
- Picture Day – Tuesday, September 12th
- Curriculum Night – Thursday, September 28th @ 7pm
- Registration Day Wednesday Students arrive by Grade Level:
- NOTE: Buses on Wednesday will do their regular run in the morning and will depart at 12pm. Students that need to wait for the bus must do so in the cafeteria. Grade 12 students will be responsible for their own transportation on this day.
- Grade 10: 9:00 – 11:00 – Students first meet in the gym with all teachers for a brief assembly. They will then be called by their respective teacher to go to Advisory Room for registration.
- Grade 11 & 12 students will have NEW advisory rooms so be sure to check the posted list to find out your room!
- Grade 11: 11:00 – 12:00 – Students proceed directly to their Advisory Room
- Grade 12: 1:00 to 2:00 – Students proceed directly to their Advisory Room
And be sure to check out our WVH Student Handbook which is loaded with information!